Thursday, March 30, 2006

k-rose can do no wrong!

me digg! G4/TechTV or whatever it is now is shit w/out the old crew. Social engineering aside Kevin Rose keeps coming up w/ winners. Released from G4 when they started to "gentrify" and turn it into nothing but games and game reviews (I still love you Morgan), Rose has gone on to create one of the fastest growing sites on the web, digg.com. However, I'm a bigger fan of the video podcast for the show called Diggnation (on iTunes too, obviously). He and Alex Albrecht (another G4 castoff) have great chemistry and actually make sitting on a couch w/ laptops funny. I keep finding myself laughing out loud at coffee shops unable to hold it in. The funniest for me so far has been the live show in SF where the bar and the audience were giving them free drinks the entire night; they were stupid drunk by the end.

This is an exciting and dynamic time for the web and all content related media. I wish I had looked into podcasting when I was at the bike shop. We could've set up a camera and just filmed. Shop talk is not for everyone, but if you can get by some of the subject matter, it's freaking hilarious. Maybe in the future.

Anyway, check out Digg and definitely Diggnation as well as everything else Rev3 has got their hands in. Nerds makin' good!

T-Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home