Friday, April 07, 2006

because i'm getting older?

I don't have much tolerance for television in general lately. There are a few shows (24, Alias, Lost, The Unit, Sopranos) that I like to keep up with, but really the only ones that I watch when they're on are 24 and Alias. The others I've been downloading and watching on the computer. Okay, I lie, I did catch up w/ Lost finally and watched it the other night, commercials and all. But in general, the television is rarely on.

I find myself more interested in podcasts like Diggnation below. Maybe it's because they're new. Or maybe it's because it's about things I want to hear about. Or maybe it's because TV sucks ass now. My wife and I used to sit for hours watching the VH1 top 10 or top 100 lists, or "The Fabulous Life of..." and it seemed like we couldn't get enough of it. Now they all disgust me to the point of irritation. I'm tired of watching the train wrecks celebrities call their lives these days. Have you noticed lately the obligatory transformation of the young cute, curvy, TV/music/movie starlet where once they get a little fame they automatically have to lose weight and make other equally unnecessary changes to their look? Hillary Duff looks like a horse now! What the hell is up w/ those teeth? Drink some coffee and stain them down a little so we don't have to avert our eyes when looking at you. Sorry that went off track a little...

It helps a little that I'm watching the computer on a 20" monitor w/ 7.1 surround though. People are consistantly good quality copies of show these days. I'm able to get these shows in HDTV; that's not too bad! I'm looking into eventually having everything available wirelessly throughout the house. I want to get rid of the TV altogether and replace it w/ a WiFi ready digital projector w/ a pulldown screen. Instead of a black box and ungodly ugly particle-board furniture holding it, I could have some of my art on the wall and pull the screen down when we needed. I could mount the projector on the ceiling so everything would be hidden for the most part. I haven't read any glowing reviews of connectivity that would allow for all that to happen w/out going to a lot of trouble as well as having compatibility issues.

Anybody out there hear anything that sounds good?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home