Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Google sucha tease.

Beta this, Beta that. I guess that's a good way to avoid any blame when the product sucks. Why is Gmail still in beta?

So I wanted to do some work on my blogs last night when I encountered what I thought was an incorrect login screen. No, it's an invitation from Blogger to enjoy the benefits of their new and improved program. I go through the process only to find, once again that the invite is blocked. Are they beta testing w/ just 10 people? Why even make it a part of the logon process? There's another 3 steps just to get to the Dashboard. Sometimes they're just plain idiots.

I can't wait for the categories. I'd like to give Wordpress a go, but you have to pay for more than one blog. Blogger is free. Since I already have established pages, as well as server space w/ Media Temple, there's no reason to pay for anything.

I also wanted to give Writely a try as well. Locked out, what a surprise.

Onto the more established 'Evil Empire', Microsoft is offering test drives of Office '07. I've been using Office for awhile and even moreso during my classes at AIO. I'm a PowerPoint master now. I never would've thought. Once I get a chance I'll fire that muther up and run 'er good! They're also offering an online version of Office called thinkfree. I haven't played w/ it yet, but it's a response to Writely, so hopefully it's good.


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home