Friday, September 01, 2006

still more to do!

The fun continued as I was still having random reboots while using my beloved hate machine. Event viewer was tellling me that there was something wrong w/ mis discos! I have a program called Easy Recovery Professional by Ontrack that allows me to check the disc physically, check the partitions, as well as monitor the S.M.A.R.T. reports. There happened to be problems w/ both my C:\ and my D:\ drives. One scheduled chkdsk later things are running smooth, or at least smoother.

I'm still having some random crashes, but that's due to a sketchy nVidia driver. Sounds like a lot of people are having the same issue. Why would you put out crappy drivers that create conflicts like this? It's the software industry, why not. Everyone else is doing it.

I've had to redo my iTunes music files since I can't remember my drive letter structure from before. I'm pretty sure that they're all correct, but still no go. I'm consolidating everything as much as possible.


Technorati Tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home