Monday, April 10, 2006

like you haven't heard yet...

Windows on a Mac. I honestly didn't think that it would happen as fast as it has. With everything that's happened between these two companies I still don't know what to make of it.

I watched "Pirates of Silicon Valley" the other day. Yes the one w/ Anthony Michael Hall as B-Gates, and John Carter from ER as Steve Jobs. Every once in awhile Noah Wyle did look like Steve Jobs, but that was probably due to the strange clothing ensembles that Jobs seems to wear.

I know I'm eventually going to get back into Macdom one of these days, I'm just not sure when. I more interested in running all my normal programs on Panther or most likely Leopard when it comes out. I've heard that many programs just run smoother on Mac OS, but most of the programs I want to run aren't going to be updated too soon. The Adobe Creative Suite2 just came out, and for it to run on the Mactel machines it would have to be rewritten in the Universal code. I should say that a different way; for it to run natively or at the speed it should it would have to be rewritten. It can run by using Apple's Rosetta program, but Adobe CS2 is a complicated program and it doesn't run well non-natively. Too much talky...

So I don't think that Boot Camp will push me into a quick purchase (actually it's still the price). But it sure is fun hearing everyone freak out about it.


T-Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home